Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Little Things.

 Tuesday Jan. 4th: Even though I got alot done and felt super accomplished, I think three and a half hours of countless errands in a day is a smidge too much.  In the midst of my many places to stop, I found myself standing in a dreadfully long line with just one package in hand at the post office. Of all of the different shapes and sizes of people who walk through the doors into the plain and lifeless building, we all have the same thing on our minds. We all wish we could be somewhere almost anywhere elsle. As I approached the never ending conventional line I almost turned to leave, not wanting to deal with the wait or the monotony.  



Not even three minutes after I decided to suck it up and bear it or else I would keep putting it off, I heard a  small voice from directly behind me. A curly blonde little girl, maybe three or four years old was trying to entertain her younger brother held in his mother's arms completely unaware of the world around her. Making faces, giggling, and totally engaged in his reaction of whatever she did, she continued to play until she was completely satisfied. Subconsciously, I dismissed the gloomy circumstances and kept my attention on what she did next. Intrigued, I was immediately overcome by her naivety and innocence. Simple things kept her entertained, like counting numbers with mom and playing with baby brother. I wasn't surpised that I soon I had a smile on my own face. As if things couldn't get more tender, the little boy looked right up at me and gave me a big teething pudgy grin. Of course the "Aww" factor came into play, and even the crinkly old man behind the post office entertainers commented, "What a show! You guys are so entertaining to watch!"

I didn't regret suffering through that dreadful sea of people. Thanks to the little people I didn't suffer at all.    

0 comments: