Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Festival of Colors.

Saturday, March 26th: I went to the Spanish Fork festival of colors for the first time with some friends of mine. I was wondering if I was going to be able to go this year- when my friend (basically brother) Jeff offered me a spot in his car. It was spur of the moment (my favorites), we all jumped in the car and headed for the intense chalk throwing. Thousands of people of all ages gathered together smattered with every color you can guess. You can see even from a distance, the defined line of who is coming (clean and usually wearing white) and who is leaving (definitely a shade of pinkish brown…almost a different species of people). Before I even got INTO the event, I had chalk on me:

 Ten minutes till the official throwing- we ran right down to disappear into this:

During the throwing the chalk actually gets so thick that I watched the mountains and sky disappear before me. In seconds we became a cloud of dense chalk dust. The aftermath:  
SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

0 comments: